* The eyevis ECS is especially tested and certified for usage in combination with eyeCON wall management software.
* For smaller standard scenarios the database can be installed directly on the netPIX controller, but if the eyeCON software has to manage clients, capture sources, alarm features etc., we recommend using a separate server to have enough performance available for applications and external sources on the netPIX.
* In need of performance, reliability and easiness of integration, the ECS is specifically designed for and validated with the Intel® Server Board through rigorous testing in concentrated computing environments.
* The ECS has the same 24/7 characteristics as the netPIX, so that they complement to each other through the use of high quality server components.
* Flexible and easy access to the server is another concern in a space-constrained environment. The ECS addresses this concern through management technologies such as the validation with Intel® Server Manager. The ECS also simplifies maintenance with the help of
tool-less assembly and replacement parts including fans, hard-drive backplane, risers and power supplies.
* Higher security of the complete system. All data are on a redundant server system which could be easily implemented in existing backup strategies.
* The eyevis ECS can be used not only as a database server for the netPIX, there are additional scenarios possible:
* Database server for the netPIX family
* Database server for the EPU-Wall
* Backup server for the netPIX family (all systems need Paragon installed)
* Central server for big installations offering Active Directory, DHCP etc.